- Insulation material savings
- Superior concentricity capabilities
- Wire perfectly centered within insulation material
- Optimal insulation flow
- Long lasting tools
- Custom tip and die manufacturing available, turning your ideas into reality
- Very high tip concentricity (tip and die)
- Very high tip roundness (tip and die)
- Inserts located close to tip's end
- Various materials available
- High quality surface finish
Superior tool concentricity allows wire insulators to meet the demands of today’s super thin-wall constructions.
Extrusion tools are commonly used to apply an insulating layer around a solid or stranded wire. The extrusion tip, also called extrusion wire guide, guides a single or group of wires into and through an extrusion die. The extrusion die controls the shape and size of the insulating material around the wire.
State-of-the-art technology and tight concentricity (.0002”/0.005 mm) of Esteves Group extrusion tools give the insulator the ability to maintain a uniform insulation thickness minimizing material usage and scrap.
Super-hard material inserts in the wire guides, primarily diamond and carbide, ensure long tool life even at high extrusion process speeds. Esteves Group extrusion tools are manufactured with a mirror polish and no sharp edges to ensure optimal insulation material flow and easy threading.
Virtually any extrusion tooling shape for any type of crosshead is available from Esteves Group.
More throughput, less material usage, less scrap, and higher quality all add up to more profit for the insulated wire and cable manufacturer.
Call us now to learn more about our super-concentric extrusion tools.Call 1-800-325-7989