Quick Facts About Esteves Group
Since:
1913
Factories:
6
Customers:
1000+
Employees:
300+

Vision

At Esteves we provide solutions that help the wire and cable industry manufacture better, faster and cheaper.

2018
Major stake in Diamond Tools Group acquired by Torqx

Torqx is a Dutch Private Equity firm that typically acquires majority positions based on a partnership with entrepreneurs and management teams, offering the companies smart capital, network, expertise and talent to support implementation of their plans and achieve their full potential. Torqx’s vision is to support Esteves in further strengthening its position and realizing its next phase of growth.

2008
Name change to Esteves Group

Based on the commitment to stay tuned to a constantly growing global market, the company name was changed to ESTEVES GROUP. The official presentation of the new name took place during the WIRE’08 Exhibition in Düsseldorf, Germany on 31 March - 4 April, 2008.

2005
Esteves-DWD Shanghai founded

In 2005 ESTEVES-DWD seriously considered the dramatic growth of Asian markets. As a result, a fully equipped manufacturing plant was established in Shanghai, P.R. of China.

2001
Name change to Esteves-DWD

The group went through a new expansion in 1998 when the German group UKD and the American group Decatur Wire Die (DWD) were acquired. Soon after the acquisition took place the name’s group was changed from Esteves-PDT to Esteves-DWD to represent the European and American roots of the group. Esteves-DWD became the only die manufacturing group with facilities in all continents.

1998
Decatur Wire Die LLC and UKD acquired by Diamond Tools Group

Two new acquisitions followed in 1998 when Diamond Tools Group B.V. concluded the acquisition of Decatur Wire Die LLC. and UKD - Ulrich Kiwus Diamanttechnik.

Both acquisitions immediately increased the company’s market share in the USA, Eastern Europe and Russia.

1996
Acquisition of Esteves, name change to Esteves-PDT

In 1996 the Dutch company Professional Diamond Tools (PDT) and the Spanish Industrias Esteves, S.A. (Esteves) joined forces to create a group with presence in Europe and Latin America. The outcome of the integration was a new group called Esteves-PDT with a global sales network covering more than 80 countries and manufacturing facilities in the Netherlands, Spain, Mexico and Brazil. The new name, Esteves-PDT, was meant to represent the two company's origin.

1992
Name change to Professional Diamond Tools (PDT)

As Philips Diamond Tools was no longer part of Philips, the company name was changed to Professional Diamond Tools B.V. This would allow maintaining the same abbreviation “PDT”, so changes would hardly be noticed by PDT’s customers. At that time the Dutch factory was specialized in manufacturing natural diamond and WireDite drawing dies for drawing fine and ultrafine wires.

1991
Philips Diamond Tools acquired by Diamond Tools Group

Philips launched Operation Centurion in 1990. The focus was to make its management more competitive and focused on higher profits. One of the results of the project was the decision to divest from the Drawing Die Factory. In 1991 the Philips company changed from N.V. Philips Gloeilampenfabrieken to Philips Electronics N.V. On May 7th, 1992 was announced the sale of the Drawing Die Factory located in Valkenswaard (Netherlands) to Dutch investors.

1990
UKD Poland (Zagwiździe) founded

n/a

1980
Manufacturing units founded in Mexico and Brazil

.

1979
Decatur Wire Die LLC established

Decatur Wire Die LLC was established in 1979. Manufacturing of natural diamond and carbide drawing dies started in a small plant in Decatur, IN. Known for their quality, customer service and reliability, DWD quickly expanded to service customers throughout the United States and North America. In the years following, DWD started production in Randleman (North Carolina), Danville (Kentucky), and acquired a plant in Oriskany (New York) to support its growing clientele and never-ending quest for total customer service.

1964
Esteves S.A. founded

Industrias Esteves was founded in 1964 by the three brothers Alberto, Manuel and Mario Esteves. They started diamond die production in the town Hospitalet de Llobregat (Barcelona, Spain). At that time the company manufactured diamond- and tungsten carbide dies and tools and die-reconditioning equipment. In 1974, the company was moved to a new facility in Cervelló, close to Barcelona. For several coming years heavy investments on technology were made and the company continued to expand in export markets. In 1980 service and manufacturing units are founded in Mexico and Brazil.

1913
Philips Diamond Tools founded

The history of Esteves Group dates back to 1913 when the multinational electronics company Philips founded their Drawing Die Factory to supply drawing dies to draw tungsten wire for their light bulb manufacturing. Philips Diamond Tools was rebuilt after the 2nd world-war bombardments and eventually grew from a small factory into a full-grown operation. In 1991 Philips announced the divestment of Philips Drawing Die company.